Development Tools and Best Practices
By Robin Sandhu, About.com Guide
A deep dive into the of the most popular development tools on the market. The focus will be on the tools that make you more efficient as a software developer or engineer.
- Review of CloudBerry S3 Explorer from CloudBerry Lab
- How to Setup Amazon's Identity & Access Management (IAM) with S3 and CloudFront
- Microsoft WebMatrix: Is Microsoft Targeting the LAMP Stack
- Programming Index From TIOBE (Most Popular Programming Languages)
- IAM Fox for AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Eclipse IDE: The Open Source Alternative
- Visual Basic .NET 2010 Express
- ZoomIt - Screen Zooming and Annotation Tool
Following best practices is simply good for your career. There will always be the case where a developer has to come behind you and do bug fixes or change requests for something you developed. If you follow best practices, the next programmer will have a much easier time with this task and not send you a nasty email about your code.
- SMS Gateway: From Email to SMS Text Message
- Connecting Cloud Services to Services in Your Secure Network Using Azure
- Flash or HTML5: Which Should You Use?
- 5 Benefits of Integrating Your Website With OpenID
User Experience (UX) is about how a user feels when interacting with a system. The point of interaction between the user and the computer is the User Interface (UI) is an important part of the User Experience but not everything. Read about the latest technology and best practices involved in developing the best user experience possible.
- How to Configure Excel 2010 Pivot Table for Business Intelligence
- Simple Excel User Interface to SQL Server
- User Experience from Apple
The world of Information Technology is constantly changing. To have a long term career in something like software development or engineering, you need to constantly improve your skills and look for opportunity. This section focuses on developing your career in IT which is something you should think about every day.